Japan Post Shipping Update on June 2016
For those of you who are like me buying toys from Japan, According to Hobby Search, the Japan post will update the new EMS shipping charge rates starting June 1st. I can't find any announcement shows up from the official Japan Post site yet. I will wait for the news from the other online shops and update here again.
The below is the message from Hobby Search:-
Japan Post has announced that they will be making changes to their EMS shipping cost as of June 1st 2016, Japan time (GMT+9).
Due to this change in cost of EMS shipments, any EMS orders that fall under the following conditions will be charged for the updated price.
- Any order that had began processing after 1st June.
- At Hobby Search, we generally process your order after the following working day onwards from the ordered date.
- This means any EMS orders received after 8:30AM of 31st May will be charged with the updated shipping rate, as well as any other EMS orders which are processed after the 1st of June due to the items being backordered etc. requiring time to obtain.
- This is regardless of the shipping cost outlined on your order confirmation mail, and your understanding of this matter will be greatly appreciated.
- Any EMS pre-orders that had been stocked after 1st June
- *This includes orders that had release delays causing the order to be stocked after 1st June.
- There may be cases that fall outside the above conditions where the updated EMS cost is applied, caused by timing of product being stocked or timing our staff process your order etc.
- **Even if the order had been stocked before 1st June, the updated cost will be applied to orders that are processed after 1st June due to combined shipment, requests for order detail changes, or requiring confirmation from customers etc.
Now, we understand that this change of shipping cost for EMS could be problematic for some customers, so we are currently considering introducing SAL Parcel as a possible new shipping method, to provide alternative shipping method. We plan to announce this once we finalize our decision.