M.S.G Variable Frame System 01 Garudagear [Beluga] Review – Unboxing

Alright, here is the long-awaited unboxing review. Garudagear has been my favourite and primary purchase since it was first announced last year. The retail price in Japan sold for 6,800 YEN and the price at HLJ is 5,780 YEN. I brought this kit for lesser using the special coupon during the promo so watch out for the next promotion over there. I do have to warn you that this is rather large and has the same box size as Frame Arms or Bandai Gunpla. However, what we all didn’t expect is that Kotobukiya screw the customer with the unnecessary large space that is not even occupied.


At first, I thought it possible the set I received could have missing runners. After carefully checking the item inside the box, all 17 runners are there with the manual booklet. You can look at the photo below when you stack all the runners on one side. How much space did you see left on the right?

I do not know if this is the first product happen or if the marketing team did not check. This is a very unacceptable part coming from Kotobukiya. Not only this is space wastage, but we as a customer also have to bear the extra cost of the shipping fee. I already drop Kotobukiya ‘general inquiry’ email today and see what they intended to do about this in the future.

For Complete Robot and Plane Review. Please visit this page.









Review and Photos by F.A.M.S.G

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's kinda screw up the shipping size to add on the shipping weight cost. I guess had to wait this one is being rectified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, still no words from the Jap customer inquiry. I also tweeted them in the Twitter (JP & US) and asked me what product is this. But their response didn't show up and I suspect it was removed.

      Delete
  3. As I said before, this might be why a lot of Shopee sellers I tried to get this from outright didn't want to carry this. Bandai kits could probably can get away with this(but at the very least the amount of parts justifies Bandai having huge boxes depending on the kit), but Koto? They didn't even bother to add a stand. So much unnecessary space for nothing. I was so taken aback when finally gotten the kit in hand(with some difficulty)

    Hopefully the next variant's package is smaller, because the kit is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Kotobukiya is going to maintain the same box size for the next VFS 02 since the excess space still can house extra runners without any issues. Another sad news I got from their response. There will be no change in the current Beluga box packing size. I am speechless how blind they are on this.

      Delete

Please do not SPAM! Thx!