Sugo! LED Shooting Studio for Hobbies L (Premium) Review

Sugo! LED Shooting Studio for Hobbies L (Premium) is a new replacement for my Orangemonkie Foldio2. I find the Foldio2 stickers that hold the magnet starting to peel off after less than one year of usage and the wrong guideline for putting up the two led lights positioned at the front. Not to mention, I was screwed over after purchase, they announce an improvement and better version of Foldio2 with almost the same price. I decided to stop looking at Orangemonkie products and search for an alternative.

The retail price is 6,480 JPY, which is cheaper than Orangemonkie Foldio2 Plus depending on the exchange rate for JPY. For this purchase, I am using a discount coupon for the PO to lower the price further. But do take note that, the single-item shipping fee is quite high for the portable photo studio, especially for those of us who only have the DHL option. This is why I hold out for so long (starting in June) to get it shipped until last month.

Ad: Check out the other photo studios at Amazon

Inside the box, it comes with a basic sleeve bag, a foldable photo studio, a USB power supply controller and five background sheets of different colours.


The foldable photo studio took me quite a while to figure out how to unfold because there is no instruction and is not friendly as I almost accidentally damaged the LED lighting strip. Do take note of this if you plan to buy this brand.

After figuring out how the unfolding process was, I began to set up the portable photo studio. The size is larger (42 x 40 x 40 cm) than the old one (38 x 38 x 38 cm). As you can see, the side is using button clip type (three on each side) to secure the folder. I’m not sure about the punishment in the long run.

The two LED light strips (with 35 LEDs each) are arranged in a double line at the front and rear positions on top. The lighting works pretty well but I can see it's lacking in covering the side area. I am going to add two more LED strips on the side for improvement to increase the brightness.

The USB power supply controller with a light intensity adjustment function (9 levels) can be connected directly to a PC or power bank USB port to light up a portable photo studio. It’s very convenient if you plan for outdoor activities and site work without needing to use the power outlet. 

Anyway, here are some of the unedited (just resize) photo samples I took when I am playing around.







Product and Photos Review by FAMSG Admin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not SPAM! Thx!