Review - Convert Body Special Edition D (Desert Version)

Here is my first review post for a start of a new year. The M.S.G Convert Body has been on my wishlist for a while and, I am happy able to get the 'Special Edition' from HLJ sales last year at a (lowest) discount price for the desert colour version. The reason I go for a discounted price is that Kotobukiya has a bad habit of packing in a large box, which means you will be paying an expensive DHL shipping fee and would like to avoid as much as possible during a pandemic.

Product Information:

  • Series: M.S.G Convert Body
  • Retail Price: 2,800 YEN (Buy at Amazon!)
  • Version: Normal release and Special Edition A (BLUE), B (RED), C (FOREST) and D (DESERT)

The box size is almost exactly the same as Frame Architect Type-001 and there are six runners including a Hexa PC set. The assembling does take up nearly half of my day due to the small pieces of parts I have to be handled carefully. For example one of the shoulder joints (20) was so tight, that I have to use a piler to push down A (19) and B (5) into B (9). It was an intense moment thinking I might break it. Luckily completing the whole Convert Body was breathtaking and the detail around the kit looks good without even painting on it.

Some of you might think Convert Body was a replacement for Frame Architect Type-001. Actually, it's not. Kotobukiya target this kit for those who want to play with the design to build their own custom action figure since it comes with 3mm joints and 3mm accessory ports. So you won't be having a problem used on Frame Arms, Frame Arms Girls, Hexa Gear, and other such figures with 3mm compatibility.

Not a bad kit to be honest and not disappointing either. It has very nice playability features and I am going to use this for my future M.S.G weapon reviews alongside FA Architect. But the only annoying part is when the leg parts pop off during posing (quite often) and I have to hold the thigh before rotating the leg. I am not sure whether I should just glue it or not.

Anyway, looking forward to the Variable Frame System 01 GARUDAGEAR [BELUGA] review this year. The rest of the photos are below.






















Photos & Review by F.S.M.S.G Admin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not SPAM! Thx!